1 Evacuation Alert - West Fraser Road Area | Evacuation Alert West Fraser Road Area Read More
2Evacuation Alert Anahim Lake and Nimpo Lake Area #2 | Evacuation Alert Anahim Lake and Nimpo Lake Area #2 Read More
3Alexis Creek to Riske Creek Evacuation Alert | Alexis Creek to Riske Creek Evacuation Alert Read More
North of Highway 20 to South of Tzenzaicut Lake #4 Evacuation Order | North of Highway 20 to South of Tzenzaicut Lake #4 Evacuation Order Read More
North of McCauley Lake to Gavin Lake Area Evacuation Order | North of McCauley Lake to Gavin Lake Area Evacuation Order Read More
East of the Titetown area to the CRD Westerly Boundary Evacuation Order | East of the Titetown area to the CRD Westerly Boundary Evacuation Order Read More
CCRHD Visited by Healthcare Recruitment Coordinator
Susan Paulsen, the Healthcare Recruitment Coordinator working on behalf of the Cariboo Chilcotin Regional Hospital District (CCRHD), gave an update to the CCRHD Board on the progress of recruitment and retention activities in Quesnel. The program aims to attract medical professionals and assist them in moving to the Quesnel area.
G.R. Baker Funding Approved
The CCRHD Board allocated $101,600 to Northern Health for the replacement of the C-Arm in the operating room at Quesnel’s G.R. Baker Memorial Hospital. The funds represent 40 per cent of the total cost to replace the device in the operating room.
Funds Allocated for Anesthesia System
The Directors of the CCRHD approved $62,000 in funding to replace the anesthesia unit at G.R. Baker Memorial Hospital. With these funds, the CCRHD is contributing 40 per cent of the total project cost with the remaining 60 per cent covered by Northern Health.
NStQ Treaty Negotiator Provides Update
Gordon Keener, the Northern Secwepemc te Qelmucw (NStQ) Treaty Manager and Negotiator from Xat’sull First Nation, updated the Cariboo Regional District (CRD) Board on the current status of the NStQ treaty process. His presentation included an informative overview and explanation of the process and the implications of a treaty. He also explained the differences between the treaty and Aboriginal title approaches.
Board Urges Upgrading of Rural Roads
The Regional District will be sending a letter to the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure (MOTI) requesting they improve the condition of Pigeon Road in the 150 Mile House area. This is in response to the fact that the road does not currently meet the needs of the growing community. The Board will also be asking MOTI to re-pave Campbell Road on Fox Mountain as soon as possible.
Canada 150 Events Supported
Members of the CRD Board approved $500 in funding to support the Likely & District Chamber of Commerce’s Canada 150 Celebration on July 1.
Earlier this year, the Board allocated up to $25,000 to support Canada 150 celebrations happening in the region throughout 2017, with a limit of $1,500 per application. About half of these funds remain for communities to apply.
Grants for Assistance Approved
The Board of Directors allocated $500 to the Mountain Spruce Community Centre Society. The Society plans to use the funds towards the annual Sulphurous Lake fishing derby.
The Directors also approved $1000 in funding to the Alexis Creek Community Association for the purchase of a combination refrigerator and freezer. The Association aims to enhance the services and quality of life in the area surrounding Alexis Creek, these funds will also assist the organization in hosting community dinners and functions.
Upgrade to Martin Exeter Hall Discussed
The CRD Board is considering a project to expand and upgrade Martin Exeter Hall in 100 Mile House. The Board plans to include the renovation project in their budget discussions in October. A Request for Proposals will be prepared to obtain a more detailed design and cost estimate.
Grant Application Period Opens in August
Each year, the CRD gives Grants for Assistance to groups and organizations that provide a demonstrated benefit to the community. If your group would like to apply for a grant, the upcoming submission period for 2018 applications is Aug. 1 to Sept. 30. Visit cariboord.ca under Services > Finance for more information and the application form.
CCRHD & CRD Boards – Friday, July 21, 2017
Page last modified: October 29, 2014 13:53:36 PDT